This interview video is made up of the questions below:
1. Why have you applied to be in MAD?
2. What do you want to learn at MAD?
3. Will you have other commitments that may get in the way of your time at MAD? Sports, clubs, etc.
4. Are you able to balance your homework and life, keeping up with both?
5. Are you prepared to work in a team, and if so, how would you overcome conflict with others in a productive way?
* please do not wear your costume during this video, this is for you to show us you, not the character
Criteria for the Audition video:
1. The audition video needs to be 2 minutes in length
2. You will need to come up with a costume that changes your look (just wearing a pair of eyeglasses is not enough effort)
3. You are creating a character to play, that is different from yourself
4. You must be older than your age, enough that it is a significant difference (if you are 14, aim for 25, or 35, maybe)
5. You can be any gender, but not a different ethnic group. You also should not use an accent that is outside of your ethnic identification
6. Please review your video to see if you can be heard.
When you have completed your video, you can either send your video by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or if there are issues of the video being too large to send by email, you can request a Dropbox link to upload them there. Please be patient, our internet is often just as challenging to work with as your may be.
The Wood Street Centre application forms, including the MAD applications are found at http://www.woodstreetcentre.ca/mad.html
MAD 9/10 Courses for 2021-22
•Social Studies 9
•Social Studies 10
•Phys Ed 9
•Phys Ed 10
MAD 11/12 Courses for 2021-22
•English First Peoples 11
•English First Peoples 12
•Dance Technique and Performance 11
•Dance Technique and Performance 12
• Philosophy 12 (Social Studies course)
•Theatre Production 12 (Elective course)
MAD Live Calendar
Just as we have on the main page, this is our live calendar of events, and you will find the appropriate deadlines on this calendar for applications, as well.